Friday, January 9, 2009

Cinema and Myself !!

The word “Cinema” itself brings in excitement to most of us. For any get together we either arrange a dinner or watch a movie. Youth bunk classes and go watch a movie in the nearest theatre. So why Movie is given so much importance which is only there to entertain your evenings and weekends? I believe films are nothing but reflection of our own life. We hibernate our day to day activities for some time and watch a film to relax ourselves which in turn makes many of us happy. Cinema is also a very powerful medium as the reach is tremendous. It is fully upto the film makers to either have a movie in an entertaining way or to seriously take up a social cause and write a screenplay so that it can fit into celluloid. Many believe cinema is a entertainment medium so they expect the movie to be a light hearted one, they should come and watch having popcorn on one hand and coke on the other. Very few enjoy all kinds of movies and I am one among them.

Before saying I am a movie lover lemme say I am a big fan of tamil movies as many say this is the “Kasi” of Indian cinema. Kollyhood has the most charismatic actor, most talented actor, top choreographers, top cinematographers, music legends and top technicians from any department. I am very happy that a guy from Kallakurichi is rocking entire Bollywood with his hindhi film “Gajini”. No wonder why neighbouring states in south grumble when a tamil movie gets released in their state. Even though I know how a Rajinikanth movie will be still the excitement this man creates is unbelieveable. Basically his movies are larger than life but who cares people enjoy those moments on screen. I am not that sort of crazy fan doing all kinds of “eye catchy”activities but definitely fan of his punch dialogues and larger than life image.

I have some all time favourite movies which I cherish every time I see. One such movie is “Mouvna Raagam”. Well this movie is close to my heart and every time I see I wish Mani ratnam good health and also wish someone from his family (preferably his blood relation) should carry the torch for the coming generations. Whenever I am in happy and in good mood I watch this movie just to sustain my happiness. Also I pray and wish neither they remake this movie nor remix any song from this classic. If they do so I really do not mind buying a calling card and blasting the guys.
I also love Mani’s other movies and wonder how would he take such daring themes like life of a underworld Don, ethnic war between hindus and muslims, Life history of Tamil nadu political dons, Srilankan civil war, Student unrest in one of top univs and Terrorism. His recent movie “Guru” the way he portrayed the hero on screen was a welcome change as it was so very realistic explaining how modern day Businessmen work. I can also say that I got somewhat inspired after seeing “Unnal mudiyum thambi” a very very simple story told in a very clean way which has a strong impact on audience.

I started enjoying other language films too after coming to US. One such movie where tears literally rolled out my eyes was “Taare zameen par”, literally had to sit in the chair till everyone went outside the movie hall after the movie got over just to avoid embarassment. Its unbelievable how 150 minutes of your time and ten dollars of your money can be so meaningful. I always hate telugu movies as I believe it had pure commercial content. I was prooved wrong after I saw “Anand” and “Godavari”. Oh boy ..Sekhar kammula should be applauded for breaking the trends of telugu films. Godavari is nothing but a boat journey between the lead pair said in such a beautiful way. I hope money and fame doesn’t bother him much and he keeps entertaining audience with lovely movies.

I personally would like to be part of any good films, be it a producer or a story writer ot penning a Screenplay for a simple plot ( I love sketching out scenes in a flow given a simple plot). Many feel that I resemble director Gautam vasudeva menon. I don’t know what does future hold for me, I love being in IT profession but at same time as a extra curriculam want to indulge myself in any drahma group so that I can perform stage shows in many social gatherings we come across in our day to day life.

No comments: