Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Price tag for Home

     Home sweet home is part and parcel of our life…whether we rent/lease/own a home is always a home and close to our heart. In fact I have stored my land line number as ‘Home sweet home’. No matter which place we go on earth for vacation we always want to come back home after some point. I still remember our home back home where I played garage ticket, my study room where I burnt midnight oil, terrace upstairs where I enjoyed sunset, backyard where I used to help mom pluck drumstick and curry leaves since she always considers me tall no matter how small I am J

     If we look closer home becomes emotionally attached to our lives some point or the rather and the best thing is this happens without our conscience. We keep adding fond memories which lasts for life long. At some point we may have to spread wings and move out of the house but we always love to go back to our home. What once built with the help of cement and mortar grown tall in stature and sees us grow through different stages.

    These days some people attach a price tag to the house; I am not here to deny when the house appreciates in value we do feel great but what is that you are gaining by knowing the news? Are we realtors on a constant lookout to swap houses? Market volatility keep changing and house value may oscillate but why do we even care; Even if the economy is great, job market is too good still you are running a risk of having your house depreciated due to legal troubles your neighbors had to go through and hence they sold for a lower amount which in fact affects price of your home since it is all about comparable. For things beyond your control I personally feel no point in breaking your head. I would rather enjoy each day at my house without attaching a price tag because not everything has to be evaluated and calculated every time.

No comments: