Sunday, August 4, 2013

LEGACY ....

      Everyone builds Legacy during his/her lifetime and it varies with each person. There definitely has to be some meaning and purpose for your existence into this world. People define the boundaries with respect to their legacy and they have the right to go far and beyond their proposed target. I just wanted to throw some light on this interesting topic ..this topic gets more interesting upon two way communication. I had some conversations about this topic with my better half and also with myself and just want to pen my thoughts.

     Is Legacy planned or gradually builds through consequences? Planning is organized way of doing things but reality is always chaotic; since this is contradicting to each other I guess one should have open ear to changes and adapt themselves as things evolve. As the individual goes through ups and downs and gets more matured the determination to build your own legacy grow stronger. Also the extent to have a positive influence on your near and dear ones grow @ feverish pitch in this phase.

    Does Profession has anything to do with Legacy? I guess very much. I can just talk about Medicine profession since I know what exactly it takes to become a doctor. When one finishes high school around 17 or 18 a person who wishes to pursue medicine pretty much starts career around 32/33. Fifteen years of struggle goes into the making only to build a strong legacy. Ask a doctor and they will explain true definition of the term ‘Legacy’. They make a difference to society every single day and their answer of how purposeful a life should be will stun many people. I just happen to read the personal statement my better half was preparing and felt proud as well as bit embarrassed.

   Being an avid movie lover I just loved this scene from Tamil movie “Unnal mudiyum Thambi” which talks about LEGACY:

No comments: