Thursday, March 29, 2012

Customer Service !!!

In this modern era ‘Customer service’ has been one of the key factors in pushing ones Business to the next level. I would like to share my recent experience (good and bad) about some of my experiences in recent past. I just feel customer service is one thing which is intangible and intricate to measure – both how much have you earned and how much have you lost.

It was on a rainy Sunday afternoon and myself and my wife we decided to have a good Indian buffet. We decided to go to one of the places in Tysons corner only when we realized that the place is hosting a private wedding party and they don’t serve buffet that particular afternoon. I understand that having a party bring in more moolah but not having the regular buffet for the regular customers at a very small level is something which I cannot accept. So did the place just lost 30$ or the goodwill they earned so far?

I have another experience with one of the furniture stores near my place. To start with I ordered something on back order knowing that it may come a bit late. But my definition of ‘late’ was instead of a week or two it may take a month. But I had to wait for four full months only to come to know that it may take another couple of months. I thought my serenity was thoroughly tested and let me call it a shot. The shop reduced the price and waived me delivery fee for my other furniture which again took around three months. Corporate office also gave me customer appreciation certificate of 120$ coupon. Bottom line I have been remunerated in terms of money. But how about my 8 visits to the stores, all the pain I had to go through to get the furniture ….well I can say it was all compensated my one gentleman thee newly appointed manager for the store. I had a lengthy discussion and spoke to him about customer service. He understood my feelings and noted down all the points and shared with the newly appointed CEO. So someone who can hear your voice and understand your emotions can be termed as good customer service too.

But for most part I have always experienced good customer service. Starbucks is a classic one to experience good ones ….if the barista overlooked you for some reason they will give you a free drink and the company truly values customer service a lot. I love the frappuccino they serve but more than that I love the company.

No comments: