Tuesday, April 15, 2008

No.'7' fascinates me

I thought my first blog should be about my favourite number '7'. Well I am not so very superstitious but some things I tend to do on my lucky days. I don't believe in people saying 'Hey man you are in your 21st century ...blah blah ...' ; according to me he would be the first person who would follow many such activities.

Well I would like to list seven reasons why I prefer number '7':

* Seven colors in a rainbow
*Seven wonders in the world
*Seven days in a week
*My birthday is on 16 (6+1) and it falls on July which is seventh month
*My favourite and lucky day is on Saturday which is seventh day in a week(I always prefer to open new things on a Saturday sometimes even to the extent of my mouthwash)
*In terms of religious way lord 'Ram' is the seventh incarnation of Vishnu and central figure of Ramayana epic (I came to know about this couple of days ago), and also most of the gopurams of Hindu temples have seven kumbhas on top of them.
*There is a famous saying in Tamil "pathinarum petru peru vazvu vazga"
Basically it means all the following 16 types of wealths:

Thudhivani - Knowledge to Praise esp GODs
Veeru - Courage
Visayam - Wisdom
Sandhanam - Children
Thunibu - Daring Attitude
Dhanam - Money
Madhi - Intellect
Dhaanyam - Food
Sowbhagyam - Prosperity
Bhogam - Harvest
Arivu - brainpower
Azhagu - Beauty
Perumai - Pride
Aram - Good things / Truth
Kulam - Class in Society
Noikalpoon Vayadhu - Long life without any ailment/disease

So thats the small history of me choosing no.7. Recently when I went to a bank to finance my car loan the officer gave me fifteen days of time and fifteenth day being the maximum to make my first monthly payment. I was lightning fast to say I would like my first payment on 7th. She did not say anything but am sure she must have thought this guy is crazy.

1 comment:

kaushik said...

Sundar...Pul arikuthu.

Even my lucky number is 7, u know how I came up with this number...My favorite color is Green, G = 7. But i am not superstitious like u.

Its good to be superstitious if things happen the way it has to if u are doing it in certain way.

Good luck with ur blog..expecting more posts from u...

How abt a post on ACHIS :)

K- u know who this is :)